We recently received the information below and wanted to ensure that you had a chance to read it as well:
Governor’s Public Service Summer Internship Program
is now accepting resumes from interested individuals
Indiana State Government is accepting resumes for the 2016 Governor’s Public Service Summer Internship Program. Get more information at the program’s website.
Interns will spend at least 50 percent of their time on a predetermined project that enhances college-level skills and abilities.
This program provides interns the opportunity to work with state agency officials, as well as participate in a Speaker Series which features various elected officials, state agency directors and other government representatives.
The 2016 Governor’s Summer Internship program recipients are paid a rate of $11.30 per hour. Please contact your school’s career/internship office for guidelines on how to receive college credit for these opportunities if you would prefer this option as well.
To be considered for the internship program, candidates must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate with an accredited post-secondary institution and have completed at least 1 year of undergraduate education.
Among the Indiana state agencies looking to hire interns are:
- Department of Administration
- Department of Agriculture
- Arts Commission
- Board of Animal Health
- State Budget Agency
- Department of Child Services
- Department of Correction
- Department of Environmental Management
- Family & Social Services Administration
- Department of Health
- Department of Labor
- Lieutenant Governor’s Office
- Department of Local Government Finance
- Department of Natural Resources
- Office of Management & Budget
- State Personnel Department
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Transportation
- Veterans’ Home
- White Water State Park
- Department of Workforce Development
- Public Access Counselor
- Office of Technology
- Office of Energy Development
- Indiana State Library
- Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority
To view the internship(s) available in each agency, please click here.